1986-91: Hochschule für Künste Bremen
- Music education, diploma 1991 with distinction.
Double major: Piano, Kindermusik, Minor: Violoncello. Additional lessons and performances on clavichord, fortepiano and harpsichord.
- Co-Organizer of several festivals with recitals, lectures, workshops,
and exhibitions of the Hochschule für Künste Bremen: Ravel (1987), C.P.E. Bach
(1988/89), Hindemith (1989/90), International Music Academy (1990),
Mozart (1991/92), Robert and Clara Schumann (1993/94). Edition of brochures
and catalogues. Active participation as pianist, lecturer and editor.
- Bayreuth-Stipendium of the Richard-Wagner-Society 1989
- Recitals and radio recordings of music of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries:
pinao, clavichord, fortepiano, harpsichord, violoncello as soloist,
in chamber and orchestra performances.
- Musicology and history
- Research and teaching assistant
- Undergraduate classes on music history of the 18th and 19th centuries
- International musicological symposium Musik
als Text, Freiburg 1993 (Principal organizer: Prof. Hermann Danuser) with 200 lecturers.
- Ph.D. in musicology (summa cum laude). Thesis mentored by Prof.
Dr. Hermann Danuser: Veräußerte Musik. Öffentlichkeit und Musikalienmarkt
im Zeitalter Carl Philipp Emanuel Bachs
- Research assistant, Humboldt Universität Berlin
- Lecturer at the Technische Universität Dresden
- Courses on music history of the 16th through 20th centuries, music publishing,
analysis, feminist musicology.
- Reorganization of the music library at the Humboldt University.
1997-2005: Stanford University, USA
- Assistant Professor of Musicology
- Research stipend of the Office of Technology Licensing, 2000
- Fellow at the Stanford Humanities Center, 2002-03.
- Teaching: Courses on 25 subjects, individual mentoring
- Organization of the international conference Reviewing the Canon: Borrowed Music in Films, Stanford, 1-4 May, 2003.
- Administration: chair of the undergraduate program (1999-2002) and the library committee (1998, 2003-05) in the music department.
Various search and ad hoc-committees. Representative of the Norther California chapter of the American Musicological Society meetings,
1998-1999 secretary of the Norther California chapter of the AMS, 2001-2005.
- Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Film Music (2003-present).
- Editorial collaborator of the Gesammelte Schriften of Carl Dahlhaus (11 vols., 2000-2008)
2007-present: Humboldt Universität Berlin
- Lecturer / Privatdozent, department of musicology.
- Research grant of the European Network for Musicological Research in Cremona 2008
- Co-organizer of the symposium Musicological Film Studies: Sources, Bibliography, and Editions, UCSC, Los Angeles, 26-28 February 2009
- Organizer of the concert and lecture series Geschichte - Klang - Raum for the bicentenary celebration of the Humboldt University, Berlin, 2009-10
- Erasmus coordinator at the Institute for musicology and media studies at the Humboldt University Berlin, 2009-10 (European scholar and student exchange program)
- Habilitation, The Music of Johann Sebastian Bachs in Films, Humboldt University Berlin 2010
- Oranization of the meeting of the IMS study group "Music and Media", June 2010
- Research project Zur Dramaturgie musikalischer Ereignisse im Film (funded by DFG), 2011-2014
- Organization of the IXth Symposium on Film Music Studies, Berlin, 25 - 27 July, 2014